[Qgis-user] Java and QGIS

Tyler Veinot tylerkveinot at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 07:10:28 PDT 2018

Hi All;
So my IT guy said that Java is being phased out and is no longer supported
on many browsers and soon none. I have JRE and JDK setup as part of Apachie
and Tomcat Services for running web maps using; Lizmap, GeoServer,
QGIS/QGIS Server, and we have been looking at setting up a web map server
using these technologies. Now I am wondering if I should look for another
web server applet that does use Java or if it is a non-issue.
I guess my question is with Java being phased out/not supported what do we
turn to for a web server in the opensource GIS community?
Thanks;
Tyler