[Qgis-user] Java and QGIS

Tyler Veinot tylerkveinot at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 07:53:11 PDT 2018

Ok, I think I got it... QGIS and QGIS Server unaffected by anything Java
related; all my other questions should be directed to a Java forum/mailing
list lol...
Thank you both for the reply's; this clears things up a lot for me and I
feel a bit silly for asking. I really feel like I had an anti-intellectual
moment there...
Thanks again;
Tyler

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 11:48 AM Tyler Veinot <tylerkveinot at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ok, so since I am using QGIS, QGIS Server, and Lizmap setup via these
> directions
> https://opengislab.com/blog/2018/7/7/updated-installing-apache-qgis-server-and-lizmap-on-windows-os
> this setup is unaffected because it is running on Apache?
> But my setup using Tomcat with GeoServer is going to have issues in the
> future?
> I apologize for the confusion, I thought Apache and Apache Tomcat were
> flavors of the same thing; I thought they both depended on Java
> environments to run.
> Tyler
>

> On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 11:15 AM Régis Haubourg <regis.haubourg at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> QGIS has nothing to do with Java. QGIS server can be run using Apache
>> (not TOMCAT) or nginx and shouldn't be at all concerned.
>> Regards,
>> Régis
>>
>> Le lun. 24 sept. 2018 à 16:11, Tyler Veinot <tylerkveinot at gmail.com> a
>> écrit :
>>
>>> Hi All;
>>> So my IT guy said that Java is being phased out and is no longer
>>> supported on many browsers and soon none. I have JRE and JDK setup as part
>>> of Apachie and Tomcat Services for running web maps using; Lizmap,
>>> GeoServer, QGIS/QGIS Server, and we have been looking at setting up a web
>>> map server using these technologies. Now I am wondering if I should look
>>> for another web server applet that does use Java or if it is a non-issue.
>>> I guess my question is with Java being phased out/not supported what do
>>> we turn to for a web server in the opensource GIS community?
>>> Thanks;
>>> Tyler