[Qgis-user] issue - Zoom to extents of PostGIS layer

McDonaldR McDonaldR at angus.gov.uk
Fri Sep 28 03:08:20 PDT 2018

Hi List,

I have a 2.18.22 project with a PostGIS layer of points.  The layer has a spatial index.  I edit the layer in QGIS and add points.  The points I am capturing tend to be clustered in distinct areas.  I save edits and want to zoom to full extent of the layer.  The map zooms to the extent of the first cluster I created and saved and not the full extent.

What does this "Update extents" button do? (https://issues.qgis.org/issues/18879)

[cid:image001.png at 01D4571A.7593E560]

https://docs.qgis.org/2.18/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/vector_properties.html?highlight=vector%20properties#coordinate-reference-system

The extents reported by QGIS are:

Extents
In layer spatial reference system units
xMin,yMin 349763.81,733053.31 : xMax,yMax 349834.84,733156.25

While PostGIS reports:

"BOX(345310.391275808 733053.819010159,349834.479765851 749768.51888013)"

A similar issue using a PostGIS view has been reported already https://issues.qgis.org/issues/4300

Restarting QGIS, removing the layer and adding again don't seem to make a difference.
Any help much appreciated.

Ross

Ross McDonald | Geo-Evangelist | Angus Council, People, IT | Angus House, Orchardbank Business Park, Sylvie Way, Forfar DD8 1AT | t: 01307 476419

This message is strictly confidential. If you have received this in error, please inform the sender and remove it from your system. If received in error you may not copy, print, forward or use it or any attachment in any way. This message is not capable of creating a legal contract or a binding representation and does not represent the views of Angus Council. Emails may be monitored for security and network management reasons. Messages containing inappropriate content may be intercepted. Angus Council does not accept any liability for any harm that may be caused to the recipient system or data on it by this message or any attachment.