[Qgis-user] locating layer

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 01:46:26 PDT 2019

Hi Mike,

You don't need to look for it or display it; it's there by default: the
status bar is the bar at the bottom of the QGIS dialog, showing coordinate
box, scale, magnifier... point 5 of the outdated screenshot at
https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/introduction/qgis_gui.html#qgis-gui
At its left side (not visible on the screenshot since it's from 2.x and not
up to date), there's a textbox with a magnifier and  "Type to locate
(Ctrl+K)" text within.
Just type in *l layername* or simply the layer name and you should get what
you want.
See also
https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog30/index.html#feature-locator-bar

Harrissou