[Qgis-user] a couple of newbie questions

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Sat Apr 6 17:09:20 PDT 2019

I have a lot of computer experience in other areas but have no gis
skills and would like to learn qgis. The computer I want to use is a
laptop with Linux Mint 18 32 bit installed, the distribution provides
qgis 2.18.

I would like to use two monitors so I can detach the map onto the
second screen and use the smaller laptop screen for command and
filesystem stuff etc. I don't see a way to detach the map image in this
way. Can someone point this out to me? Or say where to read up on this?

Also I downloaded the html version of the 2.18 docs using wget -rk so
I can have local links. My learning location does not necessarily have
internet access so this is handy for me. The html documentation is
working but at every page link I get a pop-up box with text, "This is an
documentation error, please report back to QGIS devs." and an ok
button. If I click the OK the box goes away and the link has worked,
I'm on the expected page. Can I make this go away?

Thanks!

Dave

--
In modern fantasy (literary or governmental), killing people is the
usual solution to the so-called war between good and evil. My books are

----- Ursula Le Guin