[Qgis-user] Label callouts - cannot get line geometry to originate from anywhere but bottom left of label

Graeme Seggie graeme_seggie at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 10 01:03:00 PDT 2019

 Hello,
I have been trying to get label callout lines to move from the default position of bottom left of the label text, but whatever I enter in the Data defined alignement properties of the labels properties within the layer properties seems to be ignored. When I pick a specific label instead and try and modify the properites of this, I see that the options to specify the alignment (both horizontal and vertical) are both greyed out. Am I missing anything? Am using 3.4.
Graeme.