[Qgis-user] Correcting river flow

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Sun Apr 14 21:43:38 PDT 2019

Thank Nyall,

I will play with this tomorrow.  I knew for the dissolve tool that is a bit extreme as it basically make one single huge object (there goes the database!) but not the split with line tool.  I think I used multipart to single part to achieve a similar result and had so far extract the first and last nodes.  Your method will be faster and simpler I think.

I will definitely try the QGIS drape tool and your algorithm.  I will adapt it to also flip the line direction. That will force me to get to use python in QGIS rather than using python alone.

I will have more questions tomorrow concerning networks.

Thanks all of you.
Nicolas