[Qgis-user] Import of Large CSV File

b.j.kobben at utwente.nl b.j.kobben at utwente.nl
Tue Apr 16 05:43:30 PDT 2019

simple test is also to check if the file can be imported in Excel or OpenOffice spreadsheet...

--
Barend Köbben

On 16/04/2019, 14:11, "Qgis-user on behalf of Nicolas Cadieux" <qgis-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:qgis-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> on behalf of nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca<mailto:nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca>> wrote:

Hi,

If Even’s solution does not work, the file is probably problematic. You probably have missing or corrupted line.  I have seen crashes were comma separated lines are mixed with space separated lines, or with files or different row length. Did the file work in the past?

Solution would would be to look at each line and count the field with a python script.  I  could help if the file is really important.  If it was downloaded, try downloading the file again.  What are the symptoms? Crashes?  Can’t see all the line?  These are points I imagine?

Nicolas