[Qgis-user] Saving Roads utilizing GPS

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Thu Apr 18 13:27:48 PDT 2019

Hi Chris,

I'm not sure I understand your use case. As I understand, you want to
start adding a track when you drive off from already tracked roads?
Sounds nice, but I guess the complexity to build a logic that
continually checks whether you are on an already tracked road, compared
to just clip off and then join the remaining new tracks to already
present ones in a post-processing step . The latter should be doable by
creating some model with tested threshold values for e.g. buffering,
intersecting, snapping etc. and then run automatically.

But as long as it is not really clear why and for what you are doing all
this, it's hard to understand why you need this approach you described.

Cheers,

Bernd