[Qgis-user] Qgis 3.6.2 crashes at statup with qdraw.

Fernando M. Roxo da Motta petro at roxo.org
Sun Apr 21 10:25:05 PDT 2019

  Hi all,

  Yesterday I have upgraded Qgis to 3.6.2.   When I tried to open it up
after upgrade it just crashed with:

QGIS died on signal 11Could not attach to process.  If your uid matches
the uid of the target
process, check the setting of /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope, or try
again as the root user.  For more details,
see /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf
ptrace: Operação não permitida.   (Trans: Operation not allowed)
No thread selected
No stack.
gdb returned 0
Aborted

  Tracking through plugins (the usual suspects) I found that the
'qdraw' was the causing the problem.   I removed the plugin and
reinstalled it from plugin manager.   The installation was successful,
but closing and reopening qgis it crashed again.

  In order to get the crash messages in English, instead of Portuguese,
I started qgis as:

$ LC_ALL=C qgis

And it started without a problem, even with qdraw plugin installed.   I
suspect that it can have some relation to internalization code.

  Did anyone experienced this problem?

  The environment:

$ lsb_release -a
LSB Version:
core-9.20170808ubuntu1-noarch:security-9.20170808ubuntu1-noarch
Distributor ID: Ubuntu Description:    Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
Release:        18.04
Codename:       bionic

PPA:
deb http://qgis.org/debian bionic main

Qgis About:
QGIS version              3.6.2-Noosa
QGIS code revision        656500e
Compiled against Qt       5.9.5
Running against Qt        5.9.5
Compiled against GDAL/OGR 2.2.3
Running against GDAL/OGR  2.2.3
Compiled against GEOS     3.6.2-CAPI-1.10.2
Running against GEOS      3.6.2-CAPI-1.10.2 4d2925d6
PostgreSQL Client Version 10.7 (Ubuntu 10.7-0ubuntu0.18.04.1)
SpatiaLite Version        4.3.0a
QWT Version               6.1.3
QScintilla2 Version       2.10.2
PROJ.4 Version            493