[Qgis-user] updating merged layers

Harrissou delazj at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 02:14:23 PDT 2019

Hi,

Using the "merge vector layers" tool generates a layer that is "independent" from the input layers' modifications. You get different unconnected layers. Updating one will change nothing to others.
If you want a dynamic merged layer, you rather give a look to the virtual layer (https://docs.qgis.org/3.4/fr/docs/user_manual/managing_data_source/create_layers.html#creating-virtual-layers) using the UNION SQL statement.

Regards,
Harrissou