[Qgis-user] GeoPackage-Hickups

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Sat Apr 27 06:57:18 PDT 2019

Hi,

I try to use Geopackage as my standard format for a while, but so far my
joy is only moderate.

1. Is it default behaviour, that when I make one layer of this
GeoPackage editable, all other layers become editable as well?

2. Mostly I add or modify data in a non-spatial table with a relation to
a point layer. "Most" of the time this works quite ok, but quite often
the save of the changes is not possible, cause OGR claims that the
database is locked. Toggle the edit status or refreshing the database in
DB Manager does not help, so most of the time I have to shut down QGIS
to be able to work on. Is there a "trick" to unlock the database without
having to shut down the application? (btw. the files are stored on a
synology network drive)

QGIS 3.6.2 on Linux Mint

Cheers,
Bernd