[Qgis-user] Smoothing polygons

Christoph Jung jagodki.cj at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 06:09:39 PDT 2019

Hello everybody,

Does QGIS has a similar smoothing function like ArcGIS described in the following webpage?
https://desktop.arcgis.com/de/arcmap/10.3/tools/cartography-toolbox/smooth-polygon.htm

I think I saw something like the result of the PAEK algorithm in QGIS, but I cannot remember when and where ^^

Does an implementation of the chaikins algorithm exists in any tool, that can be integrated into the toolbox?

I tried out the Smooth processing directly in QGIS and the plugin cartographic line generalisation. But both are too close orientated on the original geometry for me. I am searching for the possibility to create a more abstract copy of a polygon. Maybe somebody has some ideas about it.

Sincerely,
Christoph