[Qgis-user] Data defined text color in QGIS3 print composer?

Raymond Nijssen r.nijssen at terglobo.nl
Tue Aug 13 12:48:37 PDT 2019

Hi Ville,

Not exactly what you asked for, but you could get a similar result with
this workaround using html-frames.

1. Add an html-frame to your layout.
2. Create an expression that generates the html source (not the URL)
3. Set "evaluate expression as html source"
4. Press "update" to check.

For me this works in an atlas. As an example I used this:

<h1 style="color: [%CASE WHEN $id % 2 = 0 THEN '#00ff00' ELSE '#0000ff'
END%]">Feature: [% $id %]<h1>

Which will generate html code based on the feature id. If the id is odd
the text will be blue and if even it will be green.

0:
<h1 style="color: #00ff00">Feature: 0<h1>

1:
<h1 style="color: #0000ff">Feature: 1<h1>

Hope this works for you.

Raymond