[Qgis-user] Georeferencing PDF's

Tyler Veinot tylerkveinot at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 06:46:04 PDT 2019

All;
Is there a way to add spatial awareness to a PDF without altering the PDF's
size and orientation?Can I use an associated world file like a Tiff or
other similar method?
5 years ago I exported all our PDF's to tiff and georeferenced them so that
they could be added as a layer to GIS Software but also viewed and modified
as normal in a image processing software environment (specifically GIMP). I
did this because at the time there was no way to do this with PDF's with
the software we had.
Because geospatial pdf tools are hitting the open source I decided to try
and do this with our PDF's but all my attempts create a PDF that is scewed
and rotated making it hard to view in a regular PDF viewer.
I asked this on the GIS Stack Exchange but there seemed to be some
confusion and misinterpretation of what I was asking.

Basically not everyone uses GIS and those that do would like to be able to
add the PDF's as spatial layers to their GIS to view in relation to GIS
data (Right now the tiff's fill that role). Those that do not would like to
open and view them as a normal PDF plan drawing without it being rotated or
otherwise modified.
Thanks;
Tyler