[Qgis-user] Polygonize object by object

felix-schott at gmx.de felix-schott at gmx.de
Tue Aug 20 14:30:24 PDT 2019

Hey everyone,

I wonder if it is possible to polygonize each object in a layer of line objects individually. The polygonize algorithm from the processing toolbox yields three polygons if you have two overlapping line objects in the input layer. Essentially, I want to create two partly overlapping polygons from two intersecting line objects. How can I achieve this? Is there some tool already implemented or do I have to write my own code? And if so, could you point me in the right direction? I've never really worked with PyQGIS.
If you want, you can also answer on Stack Exchange (https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/331878/polygonize-each-object-in-layer-individually-qgis).

Thanks a lot!
Felix