[Qgis-user] How do I manually input lat. long. data into cvs format and convert to a vecter point file?

Håvard Tveite havard.tveite at nmbu.no
Tue Dec 10 01:15:51 PST 2019

Very strange.

The Processing algorithm "Create points layer from table"
(under QGIS Vector creation in the Processing Toolbox) should
be fairly robust. For decimal degrees, as long as you have
two columns in the table with valid numbers (depending on
your locale, you may have issues with the decimal separator),
you can use those two numbers for the X and the Y axis.
Remember to choose the correct CRS (EPSG:4326 - WGS84,
lat/lon is a normally a good choice when you are working
with decimal degrees).

https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/processing_algs/qgis/vectorcreation.html#create-points-layer-from-table

Håvard