[Qgis-user] Spatial Query on Cross Section

Dave Gardiner 2dave.gardiner at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 00:08:42 PST 2019

I have used the GRASS plugin v.surf.rst to convert vector contours to what I
assumed was a DEM raster file. Instead it created a bunch of layers thus:

Slope
Tangential Curvature
Quadtree Segmentation
Mean Curvature
Aspect
Deviations
Interpolated RST
Profile Curvature

I want to perform a spatial query to extract a subset of data that
intersects a buffered cross section polygon that traverses the raster
layers. To do this I am using Processing>Toolbox>Vector Selection>Extract by
Location. This asks for "Extract Features From" which includes only
Deviations and Quadtree Segmentation options from the list above. Running a
query on both these options against the buffered polygon cannot populate any
data in an output file. What I am hoping to achieve is data to input to the
qProf plugin which generates height and slope profiles from DEm.

Is there anybody that can help me with this please. Its the Interpolated RST
layer that holds the elevation information, is that what I need to see in
the  "Extract Features From" options and if so, how do I get it listed
there?

Kind Regards
Dave