[Qgis-user] vector layer only displays when zoomed out to layer extent

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Mon Dec 16 08:35:58 PST 2019

Hi,

If you have a very long straight line represented by only two point, reprojection operates only on those two points (called vertices or nodes).  The lines just represent a straight connections between two point.  The problem is that the earth is round (contrary to some popular belief :) and those long straight lines need to be bent depending on the projection being used.   Since reprojection and zooming only operates on vertices or nodes, densification adds nodes to the line giving more points to calculate and thus, less errors.
Cheer!
Nicolas