[Qgis-user] vector layer only displays when zoomed out to layer extent

Lee Eddington lee.w.eddington at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 15:09:29 PST 2019

So for the first question I asked below, I was referring to your statement that "When you cross 360 degrees, some projections have difficulty dealing with that.”  My lines don’t technically cross 360 deg, but they cross 0 deg, as the data values for the line positions are all  > -360 and < 360 deg.  So they cross at 0 deg with values like -0.345, 33.00 to 0.231, 32.94.

I was able to save the densification layer to a file as you suggested, but when I do that the lines in the densified file will only display when the zoom is for the full extent of the layer like the original file.  Only if the densified lines are in a temporary scratch layer will they display at other zoom levels.

Regarding the other suggestion "It's likely a corrupt spatial index on the file. Try removing and recreating it.”.  I don’t know how to find, remove and recreate a corrupt spatial index.  Any instructions on how to do this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lee