[Qgis-user] multiple polygon features within a layer

Kirk Schmidt kirk at nortekresources.com
Wed Dec 18 06:26:01 PST 2019

Hi Dave:

You can create a new layer and then digitize the polygons you require.
Give each polygon a unique attribute and then set up the symbology as
categorized by the attribute you coded.  Select a colour pallet and apply.

You can add a unique attribute to each polygon immediately after you
finish digitizing.  The default attribute id 'id' and you can just enter
seqential numbers as you go.  Alternatively you can add a new attribute
or recalculate the id field after you finish digitizing.

Kirk

On 12/18/2019 4:17 AM, Dave Gardiner wrote:
> I'm sure this is very basic stuff but how do I create multiple polygon
> features within a layer, each with its unique color?
>
> regards
> Dave
>

> --
> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-User-f4125267.html