[Qgis-user] Expression Syntax

Dave Gardiner 2dave.gardiner at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 19:47:06 PST 2019

I would appreciate if someone can help me with an expression to move selected
features from one layer to another. The selection is based upon the values
returned to an attribute "planeType" in the layer "Bedding" and move the
selected features to a layer called "FaultLine". Is the expression below
correct please? The planeType values in this case is "fault"

CASE  WHEN "planeType" LIKE 'fault' THEN 'FaultLine'
 WHEN "planeType" LIKE 'Fold' THEN 'FaultLine'
END

I woulkd also like to include in the code the ability to take the values
from additional attributes from the layer "Bedding" being "x", 'y', "Dip"
and "DipAzimuth".

Kind Regards
Dave