[Qgis-user] filled polygon error

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Sat Dec 28 08:24:03 PST 2019

Hi,

Just speculating as I do not know how simplification works but I imagine that only more complex shapes are being simplified. I also imagine that this simplification depends on the zoom level and depends on the total number of vertices in a shape therefore some island would not be filled in. I would expect multipolygons to exhibit this simplification faster than the polygon equivalents because they are more complex.  Depending on how files are being exported, some may be exported as polygons or multipolygons depending on file formats. This may be what is happening with the FIX Geometries. I imagine multiSurface may be treated as a mesh by QGIS??? Meshes have been introduced later in QGIS and I suspect it may not use the simplification.  This is pure speculation on my part.

Bug reporting is done here.

https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/bugreporting.html

Nicolas