[Qgis-user] Creating proportional symbols

Aj Hollenbach ajhollenbach at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 11:57:42 PST 2019

Hi There,

I am attempting to represent water utilities (points) using graduated
symbols (by size), and would like the symbols to be proportional to the
number of customers. I thought that this could be done be done under the
symbology dialogue box by selecting "graduated" and then "size" for the
method while also using the "data-defined size legend" option under the
"advanced" sub-menu. However, whenever I click on the "advanced" button and
then select "data-defined size legend", I receive an error message that
"data-defined size is not enabled". Is this a bug, or am I doing something
incorrectly?

Thanks Much,
Allen