[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.4.4 add ellipse

Janneke van Dijk janneke.qgis at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 04:02:06 PST 2019

Dear list,

I just discovered that QGIS 3 has the nice option to add ellipses in the
editing toolbar. Does this just add a graphic to the map? I was hoping I
could add a polygon in the shape of an ellipse to a vector layer. I have
tried both with a shape file (polygon) and with a geopackage (curved
polygon). What I do:

1. activate the empty polygon layer

2. toggle editing

3. use add ellipse from extent - draw ellips

4. toggle editing - no question to save the edits, and no record added
to the vector layer.

Is it not supposed to add a record to the layer?

Thanks for any help!

Janneke