[Qgis-user] PIN # LookUp Help?

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Tue Feb 19 05:53:41 PST 2019

I did a quick glance at their website - I assume you've downloaded the
data.

If you have the data downloaded and open in QGIS you can also use the
Select Features By Value Tool (its on the attributes toolbar and you can
also tap F3 on your keyboard) and enter the pin number in the
appropriate field and it should autocomplete. From there you can zoom,
flash, etc the parcel. I think someone also mentioned the "locate tool"
in the bottom left corner of QGIS.

As far as using metasearch - that depends on whether they've published a
catalog service - but having the data should work just fine.

Good Luck!

Randy

On 2/18/19 2:15 PM, Craig C. Horvath wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This site, that is located/used by Will County Illinois:
>
> https://gisapp.willcountyillinois.com/Html5Viewer/Index.html?viewer=Data_Viewer
>
> If you type in a PIN in the search box, you can go directly to the parcel:
>
> 11-04-34-210-002-0000
>
> Once you get to the parcel, you can then Look up Tax records
> information, etc.
>
> I have utilized the County database tools to create my own QGIS map.
> I have utilized all of the datasets.  However, I am unable to do the
> following:
>
> 1) In my map, I am unable to type in Addresses or PINS in order to Go
> Directly To a specific parcel.  I have to move the map around until I
> find it.    How do you use a Find function to type in an address or
> PIN to go directly to the parcel?
>
> 2) The County has stated that I should be able to use "Meta Search'
> functionality in order to be able to see Tax Records information from
> my Qgis map, similar to the same fashion that the County site works.
> Would anyone now how I can link up the data somehow in order to do this?
>
> Craig

Randal Hale
rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
https://www.northrivergeographic.com