[Qgis-user] styling mutiple attributes within the same layer

Groene Bij mail at groenebij.nl
Fri Feb 22 14:03:03 PST 2019

Hi,

Please consider the following case:

I have a layer with geometries and 40 attributes. I would like to style each
attribute according to the same rule. To do this in qgis I would have to
copy the layer 40 times and set the style to a different attribute on each
layer.

Then I can select which layer to look at to see the result of the styling.

This means I have 40 layers. Making a webmap out of this project, gives me a
large webmap with 40 layer data files (geojson).

Interestingly, many Leaflet textbook examples seem to suggest the
possibility to write a styling function for each attribute and every time
refer to the same layer. Then add buttons for each styling function and the
function to display he layer selected.

This means I should have a webmap with just 1 layer data file (geojson).

Is this correct? Is it possible to code a Leaflet map with 40 styling
functions for 1 geojson layer?

Why do I need to create 40 layers in qgis to get the same result? Or do I?

I am probably missing something.