[Qgis-user] WMTS y-axis shift using non-global UK projection

Paul Wittle P.Wittle at dorsetcc.gov.uk
Sun Feb 24 02:26:20 PST 2019

Hi,

I'm having issues using the local UK projection with WMTS (EPSG:27700). As you zoom in through the zoom levels sometimes the map draws in the right place and sometimes it is a metre or two out of place. This means that digitising against WMTS is not accurate and vector features appear to move around.

As far as I can tell the bounding box for a WMTS layer changes for each zoom level so poor implementations of WMTS where the BBOX is assumed to be constant can be much worse however it is definitely still moving in QGIS version 3.4.2 for my layer.

There doesn't seem to be an issue if I load the layer in EPSG:3857 (web Mercator) but ironically the base dataset is in EPSG:27700 (BNG) so you would have expected it to be the other way round.

Is this issue a known problem or is the issue more likely with my GeoServer Gridset settings?

Best Regards,

Paul Wittle
GIS Developer
Insight, Intelligence & Performance

County Hall
Dorchester
Dorset. DT1 1XJ
Tel: 01305 228473
E mail: p.wittle at dorsetcc.gov.uk<mailto:p.wittle at dorsetcc.gov.uk>

"This e-mail is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may contain information about individuals or other sensitive information and should be handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this email in error, kindly disregard the content of the message and notify the sender immediately. Please be aware that all email may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation."