[Qgis-user] After deleting points, attribute rows persist

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Mon Jan 7 22:53:06 PST 2019

Hi Saber,

Delete a single point (part) in a multi-point layer with remove part
tool (as you would with e.g. a multi-polygon layer).
Move single point in a multi-point layer: There is no option to move a
part in a multi-line or multi-polygon layer either (or I am not aware of
it). Why is it different for multi-point? If there is a need to move
parts in a multi-* layer, a dedicated tool should be established IMHO
covering all cases.

Do not misunderstand me, I really do not bother but I started thinking
about the tool's behaviour for point layers during this thread and IMHO
the behaviour is not consistent:
1) the tool is called _node_ but it works on _points_, too
2) It can be used to move/delete single point geometries or parts of
multi-points, but it cannot be used to move parts when editing lines or
polygons (neither single nor multi), furthermore for deleting parts
there is another tool that does exactly the same.

Bernhard

--
Bernhard Ströbl
Anwendungsbetreuer GIS