[Qgis-user] Python issue on Mac installation

Stefano Gambro stefgambro at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 9 11:59:06 PST 2019

My apologies for this question but having looked at the QGIS-User archives and Googling for an answer, I've still not managed to find a solution.

I'm on a Mac (10.14.2) and installed QGIS 3.4.3-Madeira using brew install osgeo/osgeo4mac/qgis3 after having first accidentally installed python 3.7 (using brew install python3) and then downgraded back to 3.6.5_1 (using brew unlink python then brew install https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/f2a764ef944b1080be64bd88dca9a1d80130c558/Formula/python.rb)

Something's still not quite right with QGIS though because Plugins > Settings gives: "The settings on this tab are only applicable for Python Plugins. No Python support is detected, thus no settings available".

Please could someone give me a clue as to where I've gone wrong, and how to fix it?

Thanks very much,

Stef