[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.4.3 on debian testing

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Jan 10 01:17:00 PST 2019

On 1/10/19 10:05 AM, Micha Silver wrote:
> I had QGIS 3.4.1 running on a debian testing machine. A few weeks ago a
> routine apt-get update  removed QGIS due to a missing dependency:
> qtbase-abi. (See https://issues.qgis.org/issues/19641).
>
> To get back QGIS, I removed the qgis.org repository, and reverted back
> to 2.18.17 from the regular debian repository.
>
> Does anyone know when updated qt packages will be available, so that
> QGIS 3.4.x will be installable on debian buster?

Hi Micha/Juergen,

I'm on Buster, and compile 2.18, 3.4 regularly and master almost daily.

I don't know the packaging details, but is qtbase-abi (still?) a
necessary dependency or is it maybe possible to remove it?

@Micha happy to sent you some lines to compile it and install it in your
home dir, after the first steps it is pretty easy to do. You can have a
daily fresh backed master version then :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde