[Qgis-user] KML import with attributes

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 06:40:45 PST 2019

Paola,

KMLs have an official 'timestamp' and beginning and ending time. QGIS 3
properly imports those. KMLs also support a very free form way of visually
displaying data that is sometimes very difficult to interpret. Based on
your question, your KML is probably doing something that is outside the
normal method of having date and time stamps.

Try the "KML Tools" plugin to see if that works for importing your data. I
wrote this plugin to solve some problems with the core KML importer in QGIS.

http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/kmltools/

If "KML Tools" does not properly import your data, send me a sample and I
will see if I can expand KML Tools to support it.

Calvin