[Qgis-user] Startup Hangs on "Populate Saved Styles"

Spencer Gardner spencergardner at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 14:08:08 PST 2019

I'm running 3.4.3 on Windows 10 and have recently noticed QGIS startup
times becoming prohibitively long (10 mins or more). This is to start up to
a blank map. The longest delay occurs while displaying "Populate saved
styles".on the splash screen.

Can anyone offer some tips to start troubleshooting this problem? I'm
wondering if it has something to do with the Resource Sharing plugin, which
I installed around the same time I noticed this problem happening. I have
the plugin turned off, so I don't think it wold be the load time for the
plugin itself, but maybe it introduced styles that are causing a slowdown?

To be sure, I checked plugin load times using the Plugin-Load-Times plugin.
Total load time for all plugins is 3 seconds, so it doesn't appear to be a
plugin problem.

Thanks for any help,
Spencer