[Qgis-user] Featured plugins: nominations

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 13:46:12 PST 2019

Hi all,
after a few training sessions, here are the plugins I end up recommanding
each time for QGIS as a corporation shared tool, where the most common and
basic use case is: "pick layers, find a location, create a mask on the
area, print and go do your job"

- Menu from project :
*https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/menu_from_project/
<https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/menu_from_project/> *

Simply the best tool I know to create a serie of layer shortcuts, with only
the burden of maintaining classical project files. It also offers a chance
to display metadatas and use restriction before picking layers in QGIS. If
I had the money, I would port this to C++ and let it work as a menu, or a
searchable dock, or via the browser dock

- Mask plugin : https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/mask/

create simple masks that can filter labels not inside the masked area.
Working with Atlas too. Same thing, it should be a core feature. Making it
play with locator bar for place search use case would be nice. In QGIS 2,
it used to play with OSM place search plugin and allowed to create a mask
from a place search outputing a polygon.

- Memory Layer Saver. Can't live without (well trying to thanks to
auxiliary data now)

- QGIS2ThreeJS. No comment. Just awesome

Regards
Régis