[Qgis-user] Featured plugins: nominations

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 18:04:48 PST 2019

Hi,

Given that tags are, if i'm not wrong, declared by authors, the number of
tags to filter the plugins may be enormous (though it's already possible to
filter by tag clicking one in the cloud).

Having main groups to categorize plugins sounds a good idea. I think the
"easiest" would be to:
- set some "authoritative" categories
- have a new entry in metadata and each plugin author will set the
appropriate class(es) in his plugin

All that said, the plugin website infrastructure relies mainly on the
effort of two persons so if improvements are to be done, I'm pretty sure
that they will happily welcome anyone willing to help to structure and
implement them.

Regards,
Harrissou