[Qgis-user] Featured plugins: nominations

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 18:30:13 PST 2019

Le jeu. 24 janv. 2019 à 10:18, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> a
écrit :

> Hi Anita,
>
> On 24/01/19 10:04, Anita Graser wrote:
>
> > Do you still want the user question for Feb? Or is this mail discussion
> > enough after all?
>
> unsure about this - the discussion has been interesting, and led to
> improvements. A wider base could reveal other gems, but could also add
> considerable noise (especially if we allow free entries, as many plugins
> have similar names, and it may become difficult to tell which is which.
> Opinions?

I think that, up to now, most of the people that reply are the same that
often discuss in the dev list, that contribute to the software development.
Not really the opinion of the "user base" and I think that it's still good
to hear their voices: As a lambda user, what are the plugins you would
recommend to others if they want to do things that QGIS does not natively
do? This is how I'd define "featured plugins". So for me, yes, asking more
feedbacks for the base is still of interest.

About the noise of mispelled names, I don't know how (no further discussion
has been held yet) but maybe we can provide a drop-down list based on
plugin names in our database?

Harrissou

All the best.