[Qgis-user] How to get a point's coordinate for GPS?

Raymond Nijssen r.nijssen at terglobo.nl
Fri Jan 25 03:16:44 PST 2019

In qgis3 it should work like this:

On 25-01-19 11:49, Maria Shinoto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been watching YouTube and reading tutorials the whole afternoon, but I do not get this simple task done:
>
> I have a map with several layers in EPSG:2444. Now I create another vector layer with points, which represents points that I have to go myself and check for several features. I will go there with my Garmin Etrex 10 GPS.
>
> So, I would like to
>
> - add the coordinates of the certain points into the attribute table to print out the table later.
> - create a file with the coordinates in order to import it into the GPS device and walk along all points.
>
> My question:
>
> 1. How do I get readable (GPS) coordinates into the attribute table (automatically, with field calculator or so)?

You can use the field calculator on your attribute table with the
following expressions:

lon
x(transform( $geometry, 'EPSG:2444', 'EPSG:4326'))

lat
y(transform( $geometry, 'EPSG:2444', 'EPSG:4326'))

> 2. Can I export a GPX file or so from these coordinates to import into a Garmin device (if so, how?)

Right click your layer and export in GPX format. You might need to
uncheck your lat and lon field to prevent getting an error.

Good luck!