[Qgis-user] (no subject)

Brent Wood Brent.Wood at niwa.co.nz
Sat Jan 26 16:17:45 PST 2019

To add a point, you need to create  a new empty point layer and make it editable, so QGIS has somewhere to write the points to.

If you already have a layer to add to, then open that & make it editable instead of creating a new layer.

If you are digitising features, you might also enable the digitising & advanced digitising (if appropriate) toolbars. (View -> Toolbars on the main menu bar)

A DXF has vertices defined by coordinates. You need to tell QGIS what coordinate reference system these coordinates use.

In general, there is a welth of help for this stuff already out there - Google is your friend (in this case :-)

If you google for "how to add points in qgis" there are on line videos, tutorials, etc... should provide all you need to know...

The same applies to almost any task in QGIS, that is how I justy found a plugin you can install, just click on "Plugins" and once

QGIS had downloaded the list of available plugins, search for DXF to find "Another DXF Importer / DXF2Shape Converter"

Hope this helps

Brent Wood

Programme leader: Environmental Information Delivery
NIWA
DDI:  +64 (4) 3860529

[cid:imagee98db1.PNG at c26a15af.47bdbe75]<http://www.niwa.co.nz>

Brent Wood
Principal Technician - GIS and Spatial Data Management
Programme Leader - Environmental Information Delivery
T +64-4-386-0529

National Institute of Water & Atmospheric Research Ltd (NIWA)
301 Evans Bay Parade, Greta Point, Wellington
Connect with NIWA: niwa.co.nz<https://www.niwa.co.nz> Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/nzniwa> Twitter<https://twitter.com/niwa_nz> LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/niwa> Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/niwa_science>

To ensure compliance with legal requirements and to maintain cyber security standards, NIWA's IT systems are subject to ongoing monitoring, activity logging and auditing. This monitoring and auditing service may be provided by third parties. Such third parties can access information transmitted to, processed by and stored on NIWA's IT systems.