[Qgis-user] Not valid data source on wms layer access for QGIS 3.8

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 06:11:44 PDT 2019

Hi, Richard,

I like to reproduce what you are reporting me:

>- started with QGIS Master and the normal WMS dialog: I saw 10 layers
><and could load the aerials

The layers are surelly 8 not 10.
But meanwhile 6 layers are from rasters source (they could not have any
rendering). There is also one layer from a vector source (the layer named:
rt_ofc.5k16.32bit.qu) and it have two distinct and choosable style.

So I guess you are seeing the two styles definition and treat it as two
distinct layers . They instead are only two styles of a layer. Also one of
them is the default style.
The two styles are:
"contorno_blu_fine_senza_etichetta"
and
"contorno_blu_fine_con_etichetta"

so choosing the vector layer (the queriable layer) leaving the style
parameter empty it return the default.

So I guess this explain the your report of 10 layers. 8 layers + 2 styles.

But also you report:

>same session, I opened that node on the browser and then saw MUCH more
>layers (a lot of vector layers 'added') and could all load them

I like to understand better what is this.
But I don't understand what you mean with "opened that node on the browser"
. You mean a special browser inside QGIS ?

Many thx for help.
A.

--
Andrea Peri