[Qgis-user] Win7 with Roaming App Data and Profile Redirection - [ERROR] Can not make qgis.db private copy

Hillers Heather Heather.Hillers at erftverband.de
Sun Jul 7 23:40:12 PDT 2019

I started QGIS 3 in a working environment as a new user and then copied the whole profile directory.  You do have to go through the settings first, particularly for Processing, and for Network and remove any paths that are specific to your user.  And if the user has already had the problem then you have to completely log them out of the system.  But then it should work.  In our case the directories themselves seemed to have the lock on them.  The error is about qgis.db but when we look at the profile, the whole profile directory is missing but secretly still there.  So just copying a particular file wouldn’t work.