[Qgis-user] QuickMapServices plugin question

Tony Shepherd (FarmMaps NZ) tony at farmmaps.nz
Fri Jul 12 00:54:58 PDT 2019

Hi All

This isn't really a question, but a curiosity.  I've been using Google
Satellite among other services from the Quick Map Services plugin.  Its
awesome and very useful to have different sources of imagery etc to use in
addition to existing ortho photos that I have access to.  My question, or
curiosity really, is what Google dataset the QMS plugins access as opposed
to that used in Google Earth?  I notice that in Google Earth that there is
some nice new imagery, not more than a month old, displaying in an area that
I have recently been working in.  I assumed that the new Google imagery
would filter through to the dataset that is accessed by the QMS plugin.  Its
obviously a different dataset, can anybody shed any light as to if the
Google Earth imagery does flow through to the dataset used by the plugin
eventually?

Cheers

Tony

Tony Shepherd  |  GeoSpatial / Mapping Manager

Ph 027 435 6193  |  E tony at farmmaps.nz

FarmMaps NZ, 3 Kerwood Place, Gore 9740

 <http://tonyshepherd8.wixsite.com/home>
<https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=ISTLGORE