[Qgis-user] Extraction of hydrographic network from DEM --SRTM--LANDSAT8--ASTER OPTICAL

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Mon Jun 3 05:59:03 PDT 2019

Hi,

Google for Saga and water basin or Chanel.  You will find tutorials. SRTM have some vector water masks that you can download from NASA. The scale may be good enough for you but smaller streams and lake will not be found, so as anything north and south of 60 degrees.  As for doing is yourself with optical images, perhaps the semi automatic classification plugin?  This will be the most difficult approach if you don’t know what you are doing. That’s why people have PHD’s in RS!

Nicolas