[Qgis-user] Date formula in Layout label

Patrick Dunford enzedrailmaps at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 03:30:30 PDT 2019

Good day

When I create a layout and put a text label in it I want to be able to
show the current date using a formula. This formula can look something
like [%format_date( $now,"yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm")%]

I have to put this in square brackets so that the formula is executed
instead of it just appearing as plain text. However when displayed on
the page, the square brackets are included in the output. How do I get
rid of them so that I just have the numbers of the date and time displayed?