[Qgis-user] Points along geometry

Raymond Nijssen r.nijssen at terglobo.nl
Tue Jun 11 12:49:51 PDT 2019

Hi Elisenda,

I'm afraid you need a bit of python script to do so, since the algorithm
dialog does not have an expression input button for the distance field.

Should go something like this:

inputLayer = iface.activeLayer()

for feat in inputLayer.getFeatures():
     dist = feat['DIST'] # field name with distances
     geom = feat.geometry()
     l = 0
     while l < geom.length():
        p = geom.interpolate(l)