[Qgis-user] CRS troubles (QGIS 3.6.3, Proj 6.1.0)

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 15:42:58 PDT 2019

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 at 20:06, HernĂ¡n De Angelis <dhdeangelis at comhem.se> wrote:

> I am having difficulties using QGIS 3.6.3 with Proj 6.1.0. I wonder if
> this can be a consequence of the recent integration with Proj 6 or may
> be some other (local) problem.
>
> The most striking issue after installing the new version is that many of
> the usual projections are now either missing or have a different
> authority name. The latter is not in itself a problem, but many of the
> usual projections (EPSG:4326, EPSG:4258), including most of the ones I
> used in my projects, are simply not present. Some of those  seem to have
> been reinterpreted as user defined.
>
> Has anyone experienced this?

Looks like you've already solved your issue by moving to 3.8, but to
explain: QGIS 3.6 (and <= 3.4.8) have NO support for proj 6/GDAL 3.
Those combinations just won't work. 3.4.9 will run on proj 6/gdal 3,
but still uses the outdated proj 4 api calls.

For best results, use proj 6.1 and gdal 3.0 with QGIS master only
(3.8.0). It is fully supported, including all the wonderful
transformation improvements which Proj 6 brings.

Nyall