[Qgis-user] Filter by location ?

Antongeo76 antoviscomi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 02:26:32 PST 2019

Rafa wrote
> Hi everybody,
>
>   Is there any way to filter in QGIS by location? I´m talking about a real
> filter, not a selection by location nor any process that will generate a
> new layer (clip, intersection, ...). A real filter like what we have in
> the
> right click in the layer name, then "Filter". But that option is only an
> alphanumeric fiulter, not a spatial query. I´m looking for a spatial query
> to filter (not select) the features in a layer.
>
>   Thank you in advance
>
>   Rafa

If instead, you need to filter only records (elements of layer) visible in
canvas, this it is also possible:
but  you can do it only from the  attributes table and only layer by
layer...
You need to select in the drop down menu (at the bottom left on attribute
table) the filter "show only  visible elements in the map"

Regards

Antonio

-----
Antonio