[Qgis-user] Problem with PROCESSING-GRASS Algorithms

Marie Silvestre marie_silvestre at yahoo.fr
Mon Mar 4 05:32:35 PST 2019

 Hi,
I have the exact same problem.

I'm running QGIS 3.4.5 with GRASS 7.6 on Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial (I have reinstalled QGIS from the ubuntugis-ltr repository today).
I also tried with QGIS 3.4.4 with GRASS 7.2 on a Debian strech.

I have no problem running GRASS in standalone but as soon as I try to run any GRASS algo from QGIS toolbox, I get this error: init() got an unexpected keyword argument 'encoding'
I have seen those two bug-reports that are now closed but didn't provide an answer:
- https://issues.qgis.org/issues/21173
- https://issues.qgis.org/issues/20886
I have absolutely no idea how to solve this apart from maybe moving to Ubuntu 18 / Debian 10... or Windows..

Danilo, have you solved your problem?

Thanks for any help!Marie