[Qgis-user] QGIS and Libre\OpenOffice

Tyler Veinot tylerkveinot at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 06:38:34 PST 2019

Base is a front end but it can also be built with a embedded database of
either Firebird or HyperSQL and is becomes a xyz.odb file. What I want to
do is through QGIS open that xyz.odb file and get a view of all the tables,
much like when opening a filegeodatabase, and add the tables I want to my
map. When I use external databases like Postgres and Sqlite with the
LibreOffice front end I lose certain capabilities.
Firebird is a somewhat new feature and I have been experimenting with
Firebird embedded databases and external firebird databases and LibreBase.
When I last left it I had LibreBase interacting with a Firebird database
file and was trying to get QGIS to connect to that file using ODBC. The
Firebird database file works better than using Sqlite because I do not lose
some of the capabilities and features in LibreBase.
Maybe integrate was the wrong word but basically I want to setup a database
app in LibreBase and have the information displayed in QGIS without the use
of a import/export function.
Tyler