[Qgis-user] QGIS package broken on Ubuntu Bionic with UbuntuGIS PPA

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Tue Mar 5 02:27:54 PST 2019

Hi César,

this is the lesson I had to learn hard a dozend of times over the years:
Do not update any ububuntugis related packages "after" a QGIS version
update.

Those two parts of the eco-system never managed to get in sync, and
maybe never will (no idea how and why and what, I'm just a user).

On Linux Mint, I recently discovered in the Update manager the
possibility to right-click on a package name, and set it to be ignored
for updates.

And fortunately, a hover-over the package name reveals the source, so I
can deactivate all ubuntugis packages for updates within seconds.

Hope this helps ... next time

Cheers,

Bernd