[Qgis-user] Connecting QGIS to MSSQL Server on Linux

Baker, Matthew MATTHEW_BAKER at dpsk12.org
Mon Mar 11 10:06:04 PDT 2019

Hi all,

Has anyone successfully connected QGIS to MS SQL Server on Linux?

We've been struggling with this for years.

I was finally able to connect Python to MSSQL via pypyodbc using mssql-tools and unixodbc-dev.

Additionally, DB clients like DataGrip and DBeaver have made it very easy to connect to MSSQL with the additional download of the necessary drivers.

I'm wondering if there is an environment variable that should be set somewhere to point to the same drivers that pypyodbc is using?

There are several threads on GIS.SE, but so far no solution.

Thank you!

-Matt Baker / Denver Public Schools